INFORMATION ABOUT OUR CUSTOMERS’ USERS
When you interact with us, online or instore, we automatically collect your personal data – data which can be used to identify you, and in turn enhance your customer experience with us.
This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect; informs you about your rights; and also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.
The “Personal Information” is information that identifies you as an individual to us or relates to an identifiable individual. The type of date we collect can include:
- If you order from us or create an online account with us we will collect your full name and personal details including contact information (e.g. home address and address history, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers)
- Details of your instore/online/contact centre interactions. (e.g. your purchases, items viewed on our website and how and when you contact us)
- Visits to our websites and which site you came from to ours.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your social media username – if you interact with us through those channels – to help us respond to your comments, questions or feedback.
- Technical information about your internet connection and browser; where your computer is located; web pages viewed during your visit; advertisements you clicked on; search terms you entered – in turn you’ll enjoy the best web experience possible.
- When subscribing to our marketing emails from ES@21 website.
For us to provide the requested services to you we need to collect and process these types of Personal Information, or it is because we are legally required to do so. If you do not provide the information that we request, we may not be able to provide you with the requested services.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information in the following ways:
- Visit our website.
- Give us your details in store.
- Create an account online.
- Make an online purchase.
- Purchase a product in store (if paying via card)
- Engage with us on social media.
- Contact us with queries, complaints etc.
- Enter prize draws or competitions.
- Comment on or review our products and services.
- Give a third party permission to share your information.
USING YOUR DATA: THE LEGAL BASES
We use Personal Information for our legitimate business interests, including the following:
- To perform our contract with you
For example, if you order an item for home delivery, we’ll need your address details for our courier.
- For our own legitimate interests
We may require your data to pursue our legitimate interests as part of running our business (and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests). For example, we will use your purchase history to send you or make available offers. We also combine our customers’ shopping history to identify trends and ensure we can satisfy demands, or develop new products/services.
- To comply with a legal obligation
For example, we can pass on details (to law enforcement) of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity affecting ES@21.
- Based on your consent
For example, when you request us to pass on your personal data to other people or organisations such as a company handling an order/service on your behalf; or to send you marketing communications where we’ve asked for your consent to do so.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA AND WHY:
- To respond to queries and refund requests. We do this on the basis of our contractual obligations to you, our legal obligations and our legitimate interests.
- To process online/instore orders. We collect your personal data to process your order and comply with our legal obligations.
- To improve our services based on your feedback.
- To share website content that’s tailored to your interests (we’ll use data we hold about your favourite products etc.).
- To develop, test and improve the systems, services and products we provide to you. We’ll do this on the basis of our legitimate business interests.
- To safeguard our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. We do this as part of our legitimate interest.
- To protect our customers, premises, assets and staff from crime. We do this for legitimate business interests.
- To prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business interest (also helps to protect customers from fraud).
- To inform you about communications required by law. If we do not use your data for these purposes, we would be unable to comply with our legal obligations.
- To send our existing customers relevant, personalised communications in relation to updates, offers, services and products. We’ll do this for legitimate business interest – and you are free to opt out at any time.
- To update you on products and services including special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions etc (in this instance, we will only use your personal data with your consent – and you are free to opt out from hearing from us at any time).
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
By doing all of this we form a better picture of you (your likes and dislikes) – and in turn you will enjoy the best possible customer experience. We use this data to offer you promotions, products and services that are most likely to interest you. The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers.
To change how we use your data, please see the ‘Your rights’ section (if you choose not to share your personal data with us, we might not be able to provide some services you’ve asked for).
Our company ES@21 DO NOT rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone and will only disclose this information for legal reasons and if required by law.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, use, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organisations, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other developer or social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any Personal Information you disclose to other organisations through or in connection with our Social Media Pages.
We seek to use reasonable organisational, technical and administrative measures designed to protect Personal Information within our organisation. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure then you must contact us immediately.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS, CHANGE OR SUPPRESS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you would like to request to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have previously provided to us, or if you would like to request to receive an electronic copy of your Personal Information for purposes of transmitting it to another company (to the extent this right to data portability is provided to you by applicable law), you may make this request by email our data protection officer via email@example.com. We will respond to your request consistent with applicable law.
Should you send a request, you must ensure that you make clear what Personal Information you would like to have changed, whether you would like to have your Personal Information suppressed from our database or otherwise let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. For your protection, we will only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior to requesting a change or deletion. There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed unless asked to do so.
SENSITIVE INFORMATION DISCLOSURE
ES@21 ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g. information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the services or otherwise to us.
HOW YOU CAN CONTACT US ABOUT DATA PROTECTION